Do you fancy Cow Parsley, Lavender, Alliums or Dandelions? We’ll look at creating those with combination of hand and machine embroidery.
In this class we will create a simple background using strips ( hopefully remnants from previous projects). On top of this we will layer one or several kinds of flowers using machine embroidery for the stems and leaves and hand embroidery for the delicate flowers.
You can create your background and the flowers in realistic colours or work very abstract in the colours you fancy.
- Fabrics for the background – between 10-15 shades of one colour or moving from one colour into another one – remnants from previous projects will work well as we will only need strips about 2″ wide 16″ long (around that size) Or you can work with one fabric for the background – 50cm. Choose fabrics with not very dominant pattern, best are mottled, batiks or colour on colour prints.
- Fabrics for leaves (FQ or remnants)
- Backing and wadding half a meter or large remnants
- Medium weight iron on interfacing half a meter
- Bondaweb 25cm
- Machine threads – matching your background fabrics, matching your leaf fabric and colour for stems
- For the flowers – Embroidery threads ( my favourite ones are perlé 5 or 8) stranded cotton, sequins, seed beads, whatever catches your eye in your stash.
- Embroidery hoop (optional)
- Sewing machine
- Scissors, chenille needles
Cancellation with 2 weeks notice – we will refund your payment or offer you a place on a future workshop.
Cancellations within 13 – 8 days of the workshop – we will refund 50% of the payment.
Last minute cancellations, ie. 7 days or less before a workshop – we’re afraid we cannot refund any payments as from experience we’ve found it impossible to fill places at such short notice.
Full refund for cancelation under 14 days possible if we replace you. Thank you for understanding with these formalities.
A requirement list will be given at the time of booking. The cost of supplies and fabrics are not included in the cost of workshop unless stated. If you purchase your supplies for the workshop at OliVen you will receive 5% discount.
A sewing machine or overlocker can be hired in the shop for £5 a day – subject to availability.
01449 741 530
OliVen, Bridge Farm Barns, Monk’s Eleigh, Suffolk, IP7 7AY