Sew together to help
Our Sew together to help project has been running after we were able to reopen in April 2021 until the end of the year.
Each participating shop has sold around 80 patterns which took us to £522 which we have raised towards the Colchester and Ipswich hospital appeal to support the NHS stuff in these hospitals.
How did it work?
- Each shop has a pattern for one row of the quilt – if you’d like to collect all patterns simply visit all the shops!
- Each pattern costs £1 – all proceeds go the chosen charity – and are only available to purchase in person, in the shops.
- A fabric kit will also be available for each row including the three fabrics and a pattern.
- If you can’t visit one of the shops, you can buy the pattern as part of a kit by contacting the shop directly.
- Finished size of the quilt is about 1,5m/60″ square.
- Most shops will have a sample of the quilt, so you can see the different ways of finishing and we will happily help you choose the right sashing and border to finish your quilt.
- Support Facebook Group is available for help, guidance and sharing progress photos and finished quilts.
It’s easy to take part and a welcome treat this year: a good reason to get out and about on sunny days, a perfect reason to keep you busy sewing on rainy days … and if you needed another reason, all the proceeds go to the Staff Wellbeing Appeal run by East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust.
The perfect excuse – if we quilters needed one – of visiting favourite and maybe new to discover fabric stores across East Suffolk and North Essex. The shops taking part are Sew and So’s in Bungay, Cosy Cabin in Risby, Sew Much To Do in Bury St Edmunds, Stitch x Stitch in Stowmarket, OliVen in Monks Eleigh, Kis Quilting in Ipswich, And Sew on Fabric in Braintree. At most the shops are 1.5 hours away from each other – so you could visit them all in one day or spread your visits across a few weeks.